GEOTHETA is a South African registered company offering geotechnical and civil engineering consulting services.
- Tailings and mine waste storage facilities - design, management, and review. From conceptual design through to closure. Including monitoring and surveillance
- Heap Leach design, operation, and closure
- Hazardous and general waste landfill facilities
- Shallow and deep foundation design including lateral support
- Slope assessments and designs
- Third-party review of geotechnical structures and facilities
- Ian Hammond Pr Eng. Principal Engineer. Tailings and waste facilities and earth dams. Design, construction, operation, surveillance and closure experience since 1986. Includes project management for aspects of large mine developments.
GEOTHETA has formed alliances with various other professional persons and companies to offer the full range of services necessary for all geotechnical consulting projects. The parties co-operate on a project-by-project basis.
- Geotechnical design
- Environmental authorisations and amendments
- Slurry and water pump and pipeline design
- Engineering geology and geological investigations and designs
Share this page:
FREE eBook Download
Geotechnical Terminology Guide
Geotheta is at the end of an exciting and fast-track design of a new chrome tailings facility near Rustenburg. The work included stability assessment of the existing TSF, design of a rock buttress to increase the facility factors of safety and gain about 2.5 years more capacity, design of the new facility, return water dam…
An underground basement was designed for an existing structure in Glenvista south of Johannesburg. The existing structure is three stories high, and the underground basement has been designed so that construction interruption to the incumbent business will be minimal.
Geotheta was appointed as a client representative engineer for two pollution control dams near Ogies in Mpumalanga. These facilities were recently commissioned with no issues. The liner covering was re-designed on behalf of the client to reduce costs and improve long-term workability.